Bez kategorii

Galery of Religious Folk Art

The Jaszczórówka Chapel and the Galery of Religious Folk Art

The Jaszczórówka Chapel

Belongs to the most beautiful monuments of Zakopane. It was risen in 1908, on the slope over therma springs, by the road connecting Zakopane and Morskie Oko. It was designed by Stanisław Witkiewicz, father of famous Witkacy. It has been under the Cyrhla Marians’ care since 1984. The wooden chapel dedicated to the Holy Heart of Jesus invariably attracts the tourists with its exceptional charm and beauty.

In the chapel one can admire not only the beauty of the architecture, but also the works of the folk art. In the basement, in the Galery of Religious Folk Art, there is summer annual presentation of the glass paintings, staspecific for the Podhale region.